The Madison Modern Quilt Guild met on February 11th for general business and our usual sew and tell.
- The Modern Stitching Affair has set its instructors and classes. There are still some openings for the September 29-October 2 retreat. Check out the website for further information: www.modernstitchingaffair.com
- Trish was involved in a photo shoot for Project Quilting. Over 200 small rainbow quilts were fastened to the orchard fence, in the snow, and professionally photographed. They will be showing up soon on the website. As Trish said, A MOST Wisconsin kind of quilting!
- The Sun Prairie Quilt Show is Sunday March 6-Tuesday March 8. Some of our members have entered quilts. This year for the first time there is a Modern Quilt Division.
- The charity committee is in need of a chair. Please consider volunteering…you would have pretty free rein! Email: email@example.com for more information.
- Several people shared their favorite sewing notions; those included a binding tool, a Hera marking tool, and an Martelli ergonomic rotary cutter.
Sew and Tell
(Apologies for the poor quality of the photos, they were taken with a phone.)
Trish: had a “thread” mini
Kristen: front and back of a quilt which was to be a Christmas gift but may make an appearance at the quilt show before it leaves town. She also restocked on zippers and made a triangular bag. She also finished her paper pieced quilt!