We hope your summer has been heavy on crafting time, umbrella filled drinks and light on mosquito bites!
We had a wonderful turn out for our July meeting. We had 39 active members and 13 guests. Wow, it is really great to see so many familiar faces laughing and sharing with so many new faces.
Here is your recap of the July MMQG Meeting:
- Wendy F. announced that there will be a special committee formed to help MMQG come up with ways to handle our growing membership. If you are interested in being part of this committee, let us know. We will be posting more info in the coming weeks.
- Are you interested in joining the Jones Mansion Sewing Retreat? There are promises of pizza and life long BFF status with Trish. There are only a couple of spots left. More info can be found here
- Dana M. refreshed our memories of the many things our guild has accomplished so far this year with a focus on “Creating our Community”. If you have more ideas, please let us know. We want to hear them.
- Dana M. volunteered to help community members set up their own quilting bees. If you are interested in being part of a bee, let us know and we will get you connected to other like minded folks!
- Amy P. shared information on “I Found a Quilted Heart”
- Block Lotto for August is “In the Neighborhood” to help celebrate our MMQG community. You can find more info here.
We were so lucky to have Heidi Parkes share her creative journey with us. Her work is brave, inspirational and so very personal. Thank you very much Heidi.
What’s happening at the August meeting?
Lorraine Torrence will be our guest speaker for August. She will be sharing her design principle basics with us. You can also take a class with Lorraine to learn even more about color and design.
Take a look at July’s Sew and Tell: