The Madison Modern Quilt Guild met on January 14th for general business and our usual sew and tell.
Quiltmaking: A Modern Practice at Madison College
- The show is open at the Madison College Truax Gallery!
- Many of our guild members have quilts in the show, as well as other local artists, and quilts from around the country.
- Come out and visit the show! Updated hours can be found at the Madison College Gallery Website: http://madisoncollege.edu/gallery
Sun Prairie Quilt Show
- Entries are due February 10th.
- The show is March 6-8th, please note: there are new modern quilt categories!
- See the website for more information: http://sunprariequiltshow.com
General News and Information
Welcome to New (and Returning) Board Members!
- President – Linda Orr
- Treasurer – Gael Boyd
- Secretary – Megan Branch
- Web Coordinator – Wendy Franczak
- Events – Catherine Van Hove, Gloria Kelly, Cheryl Schenck, Susan Liimatta
- We are looking forward to making 2016 a wonderful year for the Madison Modern Quilt Guild!
- The officers handed out a survey to gather feedback on what activities and events members would like to participate in 2016.
- Thank you for your participation! MMQG officers will use your feedback in planning events this year.
- The results from the survey are attached at the end of the meeting minutes.
- Please renew your membership to our guild for 2016! If you are a guest, please consider becoming a member!
- The 2016 dues are $25. There are a variety of ways to pay including using Paypal, check by mail, or cash/check in person at one of our monthly meetings
- To pay by mail please visit the MMQG Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions
- To use Paypal: Log in to your account, choose Pay for Goods or Services, enter the email address email@example.com and send $26.10 (includes processing fees)
- Please inform us of your current email address so you can access your national MQG membership benefits.
Trish – “Live everyday” quilt celebrating 10 years cancer free. Part of the ‘confetti theme’ for Project Quilting
Gloria – Tuffet featuring Kate Fassett
Amy – In-set squares quilt in teals, pinks and red. Features raw-edged layer quilting.
Catherine – A Christmas gift from a family member – a quilt made by her great grandparents featuring applique flowers in groups of three and a teal and white background
Cheryl – T-shirt quilt for a class sample, skating costumes, and an announcement for her upcoming tuffet retreat June 24 – 26 in Mineral Point, Wisconsin (see her website for more details: http://www.unspooledwi.com/tuffet-retreat-faq.html)
Amy – A series of tote bags, experimenting with various interfacing and stiffener weights
Rebecca – Mini-quilt inspired by the graphic design for the Madison College modern quilt exhibit. Features raw edged applique and matchstick quilting.
Shara – Half-square triangle quilt in teals, greens and greys with a white background
Dayna – Full-sized quilt using Pineapple fabrics (Quilt Expo) and a Missouri star quilt pattern in greys, yellows and purples. Tula pink birds fabric on the back.
Lori – Progress on her Forest Friends and Patchwork City quilts (patterns by Elizabeth Hartman)
Trina – Modern sampler quilting featuring quilting with ‘quilty words’ done on her mid-arm machine
Jennifer – Quilt with a series of small ‘scrappy’ squares inset with red squares and border
Pat – Snowman door panel, two baby ‘storybook’ quilts for donation, “Shakespeare in the park quilt’ (pattern by Judy Martian) in reds and creams
Sharon – Series of finished wall quilts made for the Project Quilting, ‘Focus through the Prism Series’ featuring Cherrywood fabrics.
Jessica – Progress on an improvisational half-square triangle quilt and a log cabin quilt.