We are going to swap zippy pouches at the December MMQG meeting (14Dec2017)!
How it works
Make a zippy pouch
Fill it with goodies (value no more that $25)
Here are some filler ideas (but you do you):
- Make a small needle/pin case
- Make a small pin cushion
- Your favorite notion
- A fat quarter that you love
Bring your pouch with goodies to the Dec meeting.
Numbers will be assigned to the pouches
Each person draws a number and gets the pouch that matches the number they drew
Enjoy your new pouch and treats!
You can sew together any zippy pouch pattern. Make it as simple or complex as you want.
Here are just a couple of options to get you started:
- Google: “zippy pouch pattern”
- HungryHippieSews pattern “Easy Stand Up Zipper Cases” (available at Blue Bar Quilts and in her Etsy shop)
- Zippy Strippy pattern by Atkinson Designs
- An online tutorial can be found at TheSewingChick:
The most important part
Maybe learn a new skill
Maybe use up some scraps
Maybe meet someone new in the guild
But definitely have fun with this!