I am so looking forward to our MMQG meeting! We haven’t had a regular meeting since November so we have a lot to catch up on!
Dues collection is postponed until further notice!
- At the 1st quarter officer meeting, we unanimously agreed we are not yet equipped to begin dues collection after carefully researching the risks and the responsibility involved. We are going to readdress this issue once the (National) Modern Quilt Guild announces the fees involved in continuing our affiliation with them. We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.
MMQG Meeting February 27th – Sequoya Library 6:30pm
- Patti from Village Creek Quilts will be presenting “Have Your Cake and Make It Too”
Program Length: 40 min. -1 hour
The pros and cons of pre-cuts fabrics (ie. Jelly rolls/Charm squares and Layer
Cakes) Demo on 3 or 4 quick and easy patterns using Layer Cakes (10” squares)
Trunk show of Quilts using Layer Cakes and or Charm Squares
Patti will be selling Moda pre-cuts so don’t forget to bring your checkbooks to this meeting! http://
- Election for Secretary – Jeni Baker has resigned as secretary but will remain on our events committee. Jeni was elected knowing she could not fulfill her duties for the first two months of her term. Amy Maybury has been acting secretary ever since. Since she is doing such a wonderful job, I (Wendy Franczak) nominate Amy Maybury for secretary. If Amy is elected at the February meeting, PR/Membership duties will be transferred to the Treasurer Cindy Anderson if she accepts otherwise we will be having an election for PR/Memship also. Any regular MMQG meeting attendee is encouraged to nominate themselves or someone else for either position.
- Remember those By Laws I asked you to read so we could vote on them? Scratch that. Because we are not yet collecting dues, they need to be revised again.
- Sew Days – we will vote at the meeting on how often you’d like them. Once a month? Once every other month? Summer?
- Show and Tell
- Paper Piecing Demo by Kristin Gumbinger
- White Elephant Gift Exchange – Bring a minimum of one quarter yard of fabric wrapped for the party! (Treats are welcome too!) – Moved to March Meeting
- Show and Tell
- Quilt Show Committee volunteers needed – we need MMQG members to volunteer to collect quilts in the April Meeting to hang at our quilt show starting in May. Installation date tentatively set for Wednesday May 1st.
MMQG Modern Quilt Show May/June 2013 Alicia Ashman Library, Madison
- Have you decided what quilt you’d like to put in our show? Any quilt, any size can be displayed. More information on this coming soon!
March Sew Day – March 30th, 9:30am – 4:45pm
Irons + boards + power strips are provided.
Bring your own machine and cutting materials.
or email your R.S.V.P. to email@example.com
New Winter Weather Policy – If Madison Area schools are closed, the meeting will be canceled. Surrounding area includes Sun Prarie, McFarland, Middleton, Waunakee or Verona.