Happy Summer Everyone!
Here’s what happened at the June MMQG Meeting:
- For the members participating in the post card swap, Dayna and Gail provided samples and spoke of different techniques and interfacing they like. They both mentioned “stiff stuff” which can be found at your local quilt shop. There are lots of tutorials online if you need help with construction.
- Reminder: The Quilt Expo submission deadline is June 30th.
- There is a new vendor policy at Blue Bar Quilts. If this impacts you the policy can be viewed on BBQ’s FaceBook page. You can also stop in to BBQ for a copy.
- Wendy F. has arranged a Sewing Retreat at Jones Mansion. You can find all the info on this post. Space is limited, so sign up now to get yourself a spot!!
- Block Lotto for July meeting info here. For some reason this selection makes me thirsty…..
At the June meeting we had 44 people in attendance, 6 of those were guest! It is wonderful to see so many friends old and new.
Wow… Gail went all out on her presentation for the June meeting.
Gail and her staff prepared multiple selections for challenging fabrics. I personally haven’t laughed that hard in quite some time. Make sure to stop off at Blue Bar and ask Gail for the “Suck it Trish” bundle. It’s a limited edition full of sea foam greens, a little purple and a dash of attitude. Here are some photos from the presentation:
If you would like some input on your own challenging fabric, bring it by your local quilt shop. You would be amazed at the things the owners and staff members can help you pull together.
What’s Happening at the July Meeting?
–Heidi Parkes will be speaking at our July meeting. You can also see a show of her work at Blue Bar Quilts as well as take part in a class she is teaching. We hope that you will join us. Heidi’s work is magical and inspiring. You do not want to miss this opportunity.
Look at this month’s SEW AND TELL: