Hello and thank you for stopping by. The February meeting was a particularly special treat and we covered a lot. Please read on if you’d like to relive the fun or see what you missed. As always, the full meeting minutes can be found on the meetings tab of this blog.
- Blue Bar Quilts is on track to open this April. You’re welcome to stop by and peek in the windows: 6333 University Ave. Middleton.
- Enter your quilts into the Sun Prairie Quilt Show. Entry is due March 1. Show is March 26-28, 2017.
- Pet Beds; 12″x18″ and 18″x24″
- Pillow Cases
- Bags for Women
- 12.5″ Blocks
Challenge: The Mad Mod Challenge is happening now!. Fat quarters of Kona lime have been distributed to those who expressed interest. It matches the Pantone Color of the Year: Greenery! The challenge is to make anything you want with the color ; feel free to add other colors but please don’t over-dye the green! Bring what you have made to the March meeting. If you are a paid member and didn’t already receive fabric, you can contact Gloria. Need more fabric? Gael has some for purchase and Electric Needle carries all Kona colors. Kona wants to see photos of our projects and Gael will display them at Blue Bar Quilts.
Treasurer’s Report: We have 55 paid members and $623 in the bank. Roughly half of the $25 dues goes to national.
Sew Day: You can still sign up for Saturday February 25 sew day at Millhouse. The next sew day will be at Quintessential Quilts in May.
Buddy System: If you are interested in being a quilting mentor to another member OR if you would like to have a mentor, check under Documents on the Facebook page. We are hoping to have members signed up in both categories.
This month we had a presentation by Mad Mod Quilt Guild member David . Check out David’s first quilt. A very nice, traditional quilt.
This is how David’s work has evolved:
Interested in how he does it? Here are a few tips!
- He makes lots of sketches and does many on 1/8″ graph paper.
- When he is happy with a sketch, he converts it to life size by re-graphing on 5′ or 6′ rolls of graph paper that he orders off the internet.
- He colors on both the large and small graph papers and then cuts templates.
Thank you David!
We had another excellent round of sew and tell this month too! Check it out:
Sew and Tell:
Thank you for reading!
Read about future meeting dates and membership information.
Have a question? Get in touch by emailing madmodquiltguild.com